Job Title: Community Sentencing Case Manager Level I
Reports to (title): Site Supervisor
Type of Position: Full-Time
Job Group: Program
Job Scope: Under the general guidance of the assigned Case Manager Supervisor and Program Director this position is responsible for enforcing the effective operation of the Community Sentencing service model utilizing the established guidelines of Community Sentencing. The Case Manager is responsible for providing supervision, assistance, referrals, connection and direction to participants in Oklahoma County Community Sentencing in a professional and appropriate manner to empower participants to achieve program goals and maintain compliance with the terms of their sentence. These services include but are not limited to conducting assessments, establishing and overseeing supervision plans and treatment compliance, goal setting, record keeping and employment assistance. The Case Manager is expected to participate in case staffing meetings, programmatic development, and participant problem-solving in accordance with guidelines established by the Oklahoma County Community Sentencing Council.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a legal file on participants and complete necessary paperwork which includes, but is not limited to sequence of sentences, judgment and sentences, chronological reports, offender movement history, written reports, treatment reports, community service, violation reports, special reports, and other related forms and documents using Microsoft Word.
- Record and maintain up-to-date data on the Community Sentencing computer system, provide data using Excel spreadsheets for end of the month reports.
- Audit offender files regularly to ensure proper content and location of appropriate records and forms associated with the program.
- Review and process all legal documents dealing with the certified judgment and sentences, jail time statements, court sentence modifications, and other related documents.
- Testify in court regarding participants when called on and report directly to the assigned judge if requested; work with judges on an individual basis to promote and maintain a healthy rapport and professional working relationship.
- Participate in field visits that involve making contact with participants outside the office including the home, place of employment, or other locations such as treatment facilities, etc.; maintain contact with service providers and treatment facilities to ensure healthy working relationships.
- Conduct orientation of newly assigned participants and explain the rules and conditions of Oklahoma County Community Sentencing, ensure participant signatures are acquired on the waiver and confidentiality form, review court ordered treatment plan with participant, monitor issuance of vouchers (if needed) and conduct other responsibilities associated with intakes.
- Maintain regular attendance at work during assigned work hours.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Work Experience:
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Preferred: Master’s Degree
Comment: Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Services field. Master’s Degree preferred in Social Work or Human Services field.
Work Experience: Two years direct services or case management experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with physical limitations or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to Courtnie Chaney firstname.lastname@example.org.