About The Program:
In conjunction with Work Ready Oklahoma, The Education and Employment Ministry has enthusiastically added a mentoring component to our service model. Pairing our clients with a one-on-one mentor allows TEEM to effectively serve our primary client population of low-risk, nonviolent males transistioning out of incarceration. Research shows participants in a program like TEEM more than double their likelihood of finding and maintaining employment when paired with a mentor. The program launched in October 2013, and was recently covered by The Oklahoman and Fox 25 News in Oklahoma City.
The mission of the Mentor component of Work Ready Oklahoma is to provide consistent and compassionate mentors who establish quality relationships with the participants for the purpose of promoting stability, support, friendship, and ultimately, success in both the workplace and personal life. Mentors positively and permanently influence the lives of individuals impacted by generational cycles of incarceration and poverty in Oklahoma.
- Provide participants with support from mentors who will help them learn to overcome barriers, increase their confidence and gain hope for their futures.
- Encourage participants to make choices that will enable them to be successful.
Become A Mentor:
- Attend a training session.
- Meet one a hour a week with an adult in need of a mentor's support.
- Model wise decision-making, good behavior and healthy relationships.
- Provide friendship and stability.
Interested in becoming a mentor? Click below: