Job Title: Community Sentencing Case Manager Level I
Reports to (title): Case Manager II
Type of Position: Full-Time
Job Group: Program
Job Scope: Under the general guidance of the assigned Case Manager Supervisor and Program Director this position is responsible for enforcing the effective operation of the Community Sentencing service model utilizing the established guidelines of Community Sentencing. The Case Manager I is responsible for providing supervision, assistance, referrals, connection and direction to participants in Oklahoma County Community Sentencing in a professional and appropriate manner to empower participants to achieve program goals and maintain compliance with the terms of their sentence. These services include but are not limited to conducting assessments, establishing and overseeing supervision plans and treatment compliance, goal setting, record keeping and employment assistance. The Case Manager I is expected to participate in case staffing meetings, programmatic development, and participant problem-solving in accordance with guidelines established by the Oklahoma County Community Sentencing Council..
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Obtain appropriate programmatic certifications such as Level of Service Inventory (LSI-R) provider and conduct assessments with participants at intake and exit to determine the individual’s situation, goals, strengths and needs.
· Provide services and supervision to offenders assigned to Community Sentencing. Supervise the activities of participants to ensure compliance with the terms of the program, assist in locating employment opportunities for participants, advise and direct participants on personal solutions, communicate with appropriate officials within the criminal justice system, gather necessary information and monitor court ordered treatment plans as outlined by the sentencing judge and conduct urine analysis drug tests.
· Provide Information and Referrals (I and R) to participants for assistance with clothing, identification, housing, food, employment, medical care, treatment, counseling, child care, transportation, financial aid, and other services.
Maintain a legal file on participants and complete necessary paperwork which includes, but is not limited to sequence of sentences, judgment and sentences, chronological reports, offender movement history, written reports, treatment reports, community service, violation reports, special reports, and other related forms and documents using Microsoft Word.
Record and maintain up-to-date data on the Community Sentencing computer system, provide data using Excel spreadsheets for end of the month reports.
Audit offender files regularly to ensure proper content and location of appropriate records and forms associated with the program.
Review and process all legal documents dealing with the certified judgment and sentences, jail time statements, court sentence modifications, and other related documents.
Testify in court regarding participants when called on and report directly to the assigned judge if requested; work with judges on an individual basis to promote and maintain a healthy rapport and professional working relationship.
Participate in field visits that involve making contact with participants outside the office including the home, place of employment, or other locations such as treatment facilities, etc.; maintain contact with service providers and treatment facilities to ensure healthy working relationships.
Conduct orientation of newly assigned participants and explain the rules and conditions of Oklahoma County Community Sentencing, ensure participant signatures are acquired on the waiver and confidentiality form, review court ordered treatment plan with participant, monitor issuance of vouchers (if needed) and conduct other responsibilities associated with intakes.
· Assist with programmatic development such as ongoing research for collaborative opportunities among state agencies, faith-based, non-profit, for profit, and other community-based organizations.
· Teach, assist and/or coordinate informational workshops such as approved cognitive behavioral courses for participants.
Maintain regular attendance at work during assigned work hours.
· Work with other case managers and staff in a positive, productive and professional manner and communicate within proper lines of organization chart.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Possess a basic understanding of people in need and/or impacted by the criminal justice system and how to work with such individuals without enabling them.
· Possess a knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs.
· Possess a history of positive interpersonal relationships.
· Ability to relate to participants and the public in a positive manner.
· Ability to track, document, and maintain up-to-date and accurate records.
· Ability to perform effectively in a changing environment and versatile in dealing with a wide range of people, situations and circumstances.
· Demonstrates commitment to the TEEM philosophy, concept, and program.
· Ability to adhere to TEEM’s policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Preferred: Master’s Degree
Comment: Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Services field. Master’s Degree preferred in Social Work or Human Services field.
Work Experience: Two years direct services or case management experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with physical limitations or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title: Contract Therapist
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Type of Position: Part-Time
Job Group: Strong Family Initiative
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct behavioral health and therapeutic assessments for participants as scheduled
Develop – with interdisciplinary team input – individual treatment plans. Document treatment plans in electronic record.
Enter assessment information into electronic record
Provide individual and group counseling to participants on a scheduled appointment basis
Document in electronic record completed therapy sessions.
Generate and complete reports regarding therapeutic interactions as needed and requested
If you are interested in the Contract Therapist position, please send resume/CV to Stephenie Ringwald at email@example.com.