Job Title: Case Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Type of Position: Full-Time
Job Group: Program
Job Scope: The Case Manager is responsible for providing services, assistance, referrals and direction to participants at Teem in a professional and effective manner to empower the individual to achieve personal goals and obtain self-sufficiency. These services include but not limited to conducting assessments, establishing and overseeing service plans, goal setting, record keeping and employment assistance. The Case Manager participates in inter-disciplinary case staffing meetings, programmatic development, and participant problem-solving in compliance with guidelines established by the Oklahoma Department of Corrections and TEEM personnel manual.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insures participant services administered in accordance with staff policies and procedures.
- Conducts assessments with participants to determine the individual’s situation, goals, strengths, and needs.
- Adheres to the confidentiality and right to self-determination of participants.
- Provides accountability for participant compliance with the individual strategy plan and maintains contact with participants on a regular and consistent basis.
- Records and files detailed case notes in TEEM approved MIS system of each assigned participant on a daily basis.
- Provides Information and Referrals (I and R) to participants for assistance with clothing, identification, housing, food, medical care, treatment, counseling, child care, transportation, financial aid, and other re-entry services.
- Participates in weekly inter-disciplinary case staff meetings to discuss challenges, circumstances, and needs associated with participants.
- Assists with programmatic development such as ongoing research for collaborative opportunities among faith-based, non-profit, for profit, and other community-based organizations.
- Assists and/or coordinates informational workshops for participants.
- Works with other case managers and staff in a positive, productive manner.
- Participates in the transportation of participants in compliance with Oklahoma Department of Corrections (DOC) regulations.
- Adheres to DOC criteria and guidelines in working with individuals impacted by incarceration.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses a basic understanding of people in need and/or impacted by incarceration and how to work with such individuals without enabling them.
- Possesses a knowledge of and proficiency in computer software programs.
- Possesses a track record of positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to relate to participants and the public in a positive manner.
- Ability to track, document, and maintain up-to-date and accurate records.
- Ability to perform effectively in a changing environment and demonstrate versatility in dealing with a wide range of participants and circumstances.
- Requires commitment to the TEEM philosophy, concept, and program.
- Ability to adhere to TEEM’s policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience:
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Preferred: Master’s Degree
Comment: Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Services field. Master’s Degree preferred in Social Work or Human Services field.
Work Experience: Two years direct services or case management experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with physical limitations or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you're interested in the Case Manager position, please send resume/CV to Hayden Harris.